During my long hiatus recently from writing on here, I was nominated for two awards:
- The Interesting Blogger Award (Thank you JJGonzalez! Check him out here: http://thebaggagehandler.me/)
- The WordPress Family Award (Thank you IamthatKay! Check her out here: http://imthatkay.wordpress.com/)
Words honestly cannot describe how honored I am when I receive an award (or even just a nice comment) on here. It makes me feel like all of the rewriting, editing, concern about my topics and vulnerability are worth it.
There are so many breathtaking blogs out there. I have been swamped with moving and changing my life 180 degrees that I haven’t been able to read my favorite ones lately. But Here are the blogs I think are most deserving of both of these awards and why:
- Waiting on a word: http://waitingonaword.wordpress.com/. For your occasional hilarious sarcasm, and your ability to write a blog about bird poop
- Her name was Cassandra: http://hnwcassandra.com/. For your always-present honesty, and ability to make conversations come alive on the screen.
- Childhood Relived: http://childhoodrelived.com/. For all the crazy memories I repressed that you brought back to my forefront, mostly 90′s style and pop culture.
- August McLaughlin’s Blog: http://augustmclaughlin.wordpress.com/. For the inspiring posts you constantly share about your own experience with Anorexia and your subsequent writing career; you’re one of my idols.
Please check these people out — they are just a hoot to read.
Thank you thank you thank you.
You all inspired me to write a short story now, first one in way too long!
Posted on June 21, 2013, in Uncategorized, Writing and tagged awards, blog, family, flattered, happy, honored, interesting, interesting blogger award, love, pass it on, post, wordpress family award, writing. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.